In high school sports:
- The Agoura varsity girls soccer squad battled the Lions of Oaks Christian in a preseason match-up on Monday. The Chargers were first to score midway through the first half when Kinsey McLaughlin single-handedly beat the defense with her speed and placed one in the corner out of the reach of the opposing goalie. The Lions would rally late in the first half off a corner kick to tie the game. The second half was a defensive battle, but Oaks Christian would end up prevailing with another late goal, ultimately grabbing a 2-1 victory.
- On Thursday, the Chargers competed against the Lions of Louisville in another preseason match. Agoura dominated possession for most of the game but couldn't find the net in the first half. The Chargers dictated the pace and made crisp and controlled passes throughout. Opening the second half, the Chargers capitalized, scoring off a perfectly placed corner kick. Senior midfielder, Natalie Fersht placed her head on the cross and drilled it into the back of the net. After the first goal, the Chargers seemed to step up the pressure and quickly scored a second goal off a cross by Brooke Held which was guided in by Maya Aviezer. The Chargers would go on to grab the 2-0 victory and a much needed confidence boost before entering league play on Tuesday against the Lancers of Thousand Oaks. Agoura is now 1-1-1 overall and will look to get three of its players back by the Marmonte league opener.
- The Agoura varsity boys basketball team recorded a huge upset win against the Ventura Cougars in the Oak Park Tournament on Wednesday. The Chargers were able to finish with a very close 63-61 victory.
- On Thursday, the Chargers battled the Cardinals of Bishop Diego and captured another win. The Chargers easily handled the Cardinals 64-43. Michael Soffer and Jake Sherman combined for 27 points and eight assists.
- The Chargers competed against the Centurions of Saugus on Friday and lost 74-60. They are now 4-4 overall and will begin league play Tuesday against Thousand Oaks.
- The Agoura varsity boys soccer squad played a very tough Channel Islands team on Tuesday. They finished with a 5-1 loss to the Raiders. David Gallop, senior forward, had the lone goal with the assist credited to senior midfielder, Jaime Alvarado. Justin Gasttwirth, freshman goalkeeper, had three saves in the effort. The varsity squad was coming off a fifth place finish out of 24 teams in the Aliso Niguel Tournament and looks to be healthy when they start league play Tuesday against the Lancers of Thousand Oaks.
- The Agoura varsity wrestling squad hosted the Royal Highlanders of Simi Valley Thursday in attempts to acquire a victory in its league opener. The Chargers will next face the Lancers of Thousand Oaks on Wednesday.
- The Agoura varsity girls basketball team competed in the Buena Kiwanis Tournament which took place from Thursday through Saturday.
Girls Water Polo
- The Agoura varsity girls water polo squad dominated the La Habra Highlanders 19-1 in its Thursday game. The Chargers are strong favorites to win the Marmonte league and challenge for the CIF Southern Section title. The Chargers will next face the Panthers of Newbury Park on Tuesday in its league opener.
Sports Notes: Allen Adams was named to the board of directors of the United States Youth Volleyball League (USYVL). Adams has played volleyball since a very young age and has coached at the junior high level and through the USYVL of which he is now a board member.