1) There is a weekend tonight (for members) as well as Saturday and Sunday at the . Also, if you are looking for other activities this weekend, check out our from yesterday.
2) is holding its on June 4 at Farnsworth Park. It will feature live music, food trucks, games and prizes and more.
3) Altadena runners, the time to prove your mettle is coming around once again: Sierra Madre's is on May 29. The race is a brutal, steep uphill slog to Mt. Wilson. I've hiked up the trail by leisure, and it's not too bad at all... unless of course you are competing in a running race to get up it.
4) We've had columnists on the site arguing for having the community better support Pasadena Unified School District. One way to do that is the "Buy in PUSD" campaign, which raises money from local businesses for school programs. In exchange, the organization issues a business directory so you can shop at places that support the district, if you are so inclined. Right now, I count three Altadena businesses in the directory.
5) The Arroyos & Foothills Conservancy is holding a series of guided hikes in Rubio Canyon: with rail historian and trail expert Paul Ayers, that will focus on native plants and bird watching, and with local historian Michele Zack.