Like the Phoenix, the food truck event that is . First a , now this...the event is getting to be better place each month for parents seeking to entertain their children while waiting in line to get them food.
For those of us who don't have kids though, it is all about the food truck options, so let's lay them out.
And for those unfamiliar with the event, Fancy Food Truck Friday runs from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday in the parking lot behind the complex. There is no charge to show up to the event.
New to Town
- Baby's Badass Burgers - An extensive menu of burger options, and if the site is in anyway accurate, beautiful female vendors will serve them to you.
- The Greasy Wiener - Perhaps an unintentional tribute to an East Coast politician who resigned in disgrace, this truck serves 'Jersey Style Fried Dogs.' I'm from Jersey, and I am not sure exactly what that means, but as I recall hot dog served the state generally come with a lot of hard-to-identify sauce, taste really good, and make your stomach hurt afterwards. Sounds perfect.
- All American Gourmet Grill - This truck appears to only have a Facebook page, rather than a full website with menu, but they list their bestseller as "grilled cheddar, pulled pork & applesauce on sourdough w/saaaweeeeet potato friez!"
- Tango Mango - Italian ice with authentic ingredients.... and I must say they look pretty robust for Italian ice, and include flavors that I consider actual dessert (chocolate chip, for example).
Back from Last Time
- No Reservations--The sandwiches here are excellent and though I did not eat here last month, I sat with others who were devouring their fries and found myself feeling that the potato wedges I had gotten at another food truck did not stack up.
Shrimp Pimp - No exaggeration to call this the reigning champion of Fancy Food Truck Friday. It always has the longest line every time it shows, and the only time I've gotten the food fast was once when I had the good sense to show up at 5:05 p.m.