The annual Earth Day celebration at the Beverly Hills Farmers' Market will be Sunday, April 13.
This year's national Earth Day theme is “green cities,” which encourages urban dwellers to live a greener life.
There are many opportunities to “go green” on Earth Day, including this year's
document shredding and electronic waste collection event. You can also view the
displays about water conservation, water management, energy efficiency, recycling and be part of a movement that is transforming our planet.
There is something for all ages:
- Mayor Lili Bosse to speak at 10 a.m. and choose the first raffle winner
- Prizes* to be raffled off at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon
- Confidential document shredding
- Appliance buying tips and rebate programs
- Battery recycling
- Environmentally friendly products on sale
- Earthquake preparedness information
- Free compost
- Reusable Centennial shopping bags
When: Sunday, April 13, 2014
9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Where: Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market
Civic Center Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
*Raffle prizes are two $50 gift certificates from Farmers’ Market vendors C Stars
Nursery and Ipatzi Nursery, an irrigation drip system worth approx. $75 from
Armstrong’s Nursery and Market Money!
For more information, contact the city of Beverly Hills Public Works Services
Department at (310) 285-2467.