Will the next BCS national champion be the top-ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish or will the No. 2 Alabama Crimson Tide, the defending national champions, pick up its third national championship title in the past four years?
We'll find out Jan. 7. Coverage begins at 7:00 p.m. CST on ESPN.
Here are five things to know about this year's BCS matchup:
- Notre Dame has not won a championship in 24 years, its last coming in 1988. Alabama is the defending national champion and will become the first team to win back-to-back BCS titles if the Tide wins Monday night.
- Tonight's BCS game will be the first meeting between the Tide and Irish since 1987. The teams have played each other six times, with Notre Dame holding a 5-1 edge.
- Notre Dame has produced seven Heisman Trophy winners, Alabama has produced one -- Mark Ingram in 2009.
- If Alabama wins, it will be the seventh consecutive national championship for the SEC -- no other conference has ever won more than three consecutive titles.
- More than 72,000 fans are expected to watch tonight's title game in person. As of Jan. 6, there were about 4,200 tickets remaining, the cheapest of which was listed in the $900 price range.
Where to watch in the Brentwood and Pacific Palisades area:
There are a number of local places to catch the game. Here are some we found but if you know another please let others know in the comments section below.
- Brentwood Tavern - 11648 San Vicente Blvd., Brentwood
- Q's Billiard Club - 11835 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles
- Gladstones - 17300 Pacific Coast Highway, Pacific Palisades
- The Oak Room/Steve and Lenny's Sports Bar - 1035 Swarthmore Ave., Pacific Palisades
- Busby's Restaurant Bar - 3110 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica
- Barney's Beanery - 1351 Third St. Promenade, Santa Monica
- Yankee Doodles - 1410 Third St. Promenade, Santa Monica
- JP's Sports Bar and Grill - 1101 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica
- O'Briens Irish Pub and Restaurant - 2226 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica
- Sonny McLean's Irish Pub and Restaurant - 2615 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica
- The Daily Pint - 2310 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica
- West 4th and Jane - 1432A Fourth St., Santa Monica