Carlsbad Resident Survey and State of Effectiveness Report 2013
January 14, 2014 at The City of Carlsbad City Council meeting the Carlsbad Resident Survey and State of Effectiveness Report was discussed. The City of Carlsbad has been conducting this phone survey for the past few years. The survey calls were made September 11-28, 2013. 1007 Carlsbad residents participated in the survey. Different ages, genders, ethnicity and zip codes were included in the survey. How they picked who they called and where they got the phone numbers is answered at Carlsbad City Council Meeting January 14, 2013.
The survey assesses residents perceptions of:
- The job the city is doing to provide service. 94% satisfaction.
- Quality of life. 96% excellent or good.
- Sense of Community. 71% satisfaction.
- Safety in their neighborhood. 90% satisfaction. With law enforcement. 88% satisfaction.
- Confident Confidence in city government. 80% satisfaction.
- City-residents communication. 90% satisfaction.
There is time for PUBLIC COMMENT during the City Council Meeting:
"In conformance with the Brown Act, no Council action can occur on items presented during Public Comment. A total of 15 minutes is provided so members of the public can address the Council on items that are not listed on the Agenda. Speakers are limited to three (3) minutes each. If you desire to speak during Public Comment, fill out a SPEAKER CARD and place it in the clear tray on the wall adjacent to the Deputy City Clerk. If there are more than five (5) speakers, the remaining speakers will be heard at the end of the agenda just prior to Council Reports. When you are called to speak, please come forward and state your name."