Noted Bay Area soprano, Jessica House Steward, performs March 18 at a benefit concert for the Eden Area I & R, Inc.. This is the final in a series of performances in the 2011-2012 Eden Performing Arts Series.
Jessica House Steward has performed in recital at Carnegie Hall and elsewhere around the world. Among the many honors she has received is the Encouragement Award from the Metropolitan Opera National Council. You can hear an audio of her singing here and read more about the performer here.
The concert begins at 3 p.m. in the sanctuary of in Hayward. Tickets are $15 and are available by calling the church office at 510-582-9533.
According to its website, the non-profit Eden I&R, which has been in existence 35 years, has become a critical resource for thousands of at-risk individuals in Alameda County including youth, non-English speakers, the economically disadvantaged, people living with HIV/AIDS, domestic violence survivors, the elderly, disabled, the homeless, and for those human service agencies seeking services or housing for their clients.
It's website indicates it currently offers these services to the community:
- 2-1-1 Alameda County Phone Line
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) phone line
- AIDS Housing and Information Project (AHIP)
- Roving Housing Resource Programs (including the Housing Academy)
- After-Hours Emergency Phone Services for Alameda County’s Child and Adult Protective Services, Foster Care Placement Line, and the Public Guardian's Office
- Disaster Recovery Services
- Housing Database with over 74,500 housing units throughout Alameda County, including subsidized housing suited to those with special needs
- Social Services Database with over 2,600 health and human service programs
- Big Blue Book: The Directory of Human Services for Alameda County, an annual printed directory of health and human services, and the directory online at www.alamedaco.info