Get Out: Alameda County Fair in Full Swing
Got to travel a bit for good entertainment this weekend!
- Where/When: ; Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. until July 10th, Special July 4 hours: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Why Go: The Alameda County Fair features a wide range of attractions and activities, including agriculture and competitive exhibits, cultural and specialty days, home art and technological competitions, specialty foods, free concerts, carnival rides and more,
- Price: Ages 13-61, $10; children 6-12, $6; children under 6 are free; seniors over 62, $8. Parking is $8-20.
Bike It! A bike festival at Chabot Space & Science Center
- Where/When: ; Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Bring your bike and get geared up to experience a Chabot bike-fest. Joined by community bike shops and groups, they’re celebrating spokes with hands-on clinics and demos, conversations with bike experts and enthusiasts, guidance on alternate transportation, and bike hikes in the redwoods. Learn how much energy it takes to make a milkshake using a bike-powered blender. Fentons ice cream, Chabot’s science and your pedal power make the ultimate spoke shake.
- Price: Free with general admission
- Where/When: 1721 Amador Ave, Concord; Sunday, noon–4 p.m.
- Why Go: An Old Fashioned Summer Social with a Dixieland Band, Artists-in-Action and a tour of the Historic Galindo House while it is in the process of being refurbished. Tri-tip sandwiches, hot dogs, soft drinks, beer and wine will be available for purchase, but a free scoop of ice cream will be provided. Proceeds go to the Concord Historical Society Museum Fund.
- Price: $10 adults, $5 kids over 3.
- Where/When: 700 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Why Go: Bring your shredding this Saturday for On-Site destruction of your confidential records. Your materials will be destroyed for you in front of your eyes by Shred Works, Inc.
- Price: $5.00 per box or 30lbs of paper.
- Where/When: ; Friday, 11 a.m.
- Why Go: Capt'n Jack Spareribs may look like another famous pirate, but no other pirate can juggle and entertain as well as Capt'n Jack spareribs.
- Price: $3