Editor's Note: The following information is according to an Exposition Construction Authority press release.
Underground utility work on Venice Boulevard is scheduled to begin Thursday and is expected to run through Sept. 28.
Crews will work 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Workers will drill holes into the pavement to verify the depth of the utilities.
Construction activity will take place at the following locations:
- Eastbound and westbound left turn pockets on Venice Boulevard between Robertson Boulevard and Ellis Avenue.
- Westbound far left through lane on Venice Boulevard between Robertson Boulevard and Ellis Avenue.
- Westbound far right through lane on Venice Boulevard between Culver Boulevard and Ivy Street.
- Westbound parking lane on Venice Boulevard between Ivy Street and Robertson Boulevard.
- Northbound Robertson Boulevard, north and south of the intersection of Venice Boulevard.
- Turn pockets on Venice Boulevard will be reduced to one lane and the far left through lane on east and westbound Venice Boulevard will be closed intermittently.
- Northbound traffic on Robertson Boulevard will be reduced to one lane, just north and south of the intersection with Venice Blvd.
- Parking on westbound Venice Boulevard between Ivy Street and Robertson Boulevard will not be allowed only when potholing activities are taking place.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Electronic message boards and directional signage will be used to safely direct drivers and pedestrians around the construction zones.
- Local access to all businesses will be maintained.