22 Aug 2014
59° Partly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by hugo.wilson
Patch Instagram photo by cupertino_patch
Patch Instagram photo by cupertino_patch
Patch Instagram photo by cupertino_patch
Patch Instagram photo by cupertino_patch
Patch Instagram photo by cupertino_patch
Patch Instagram photo by cupertino_patch
Patch Instagram photo by cupertino_patch
Patch Instagram photo by cupertino_patch

Flammable Material and Space Heater Start Cupertino Home Fire

A Jan. 3 fire in a home near the Stevens Creek Boulevard post office was traced to a space heater and items stored next to it.

Flammable Material and Space Heater Start Cupertino Home Fire

A home office fire on Thursday, Jan. 3 in Cupertino that caused thousands of dollars in damage was the result of combustible materials stored too close to a space heater, fire officials said.

Santa Clara County Fire responded to a call at 1:43 p.m. in the 10100 block of Orange Avenue, near Stevens Creek Boulevard and Bubb Road, and found the small one-story home on fire.

The fire was contained to the room where the fire started fire officials determined. The fire was put out and firefighters cleared the area at 4:37 p.m.

The homeowner was taken to Kaiser Santa Clara for evaluation, but was uninjured. No other injuries were reporter.

About $40,000 in property loss and $5,000 in content loss was sustained due to the fire.

Share This Article