Midcoast Community Council Agenda for Wednesday, May 28, 2014, Regular Meeting, 7:00 pm
Granada Sanitary District Meeting Room, 504 Avenue Alhambra, 3rd Floor, El Granada
(7:00) Call to Order -- Councilmember self-introductions
1. Board of Supervisors’ Report and Reports from other Government Officials
2. Public Comment (The public may speak up to 3 minutes on any topic not on the agenda. Please
fill out a speaker slip. The Council may not discuss or take action on items not on the agenda.)
3. Consent Agenda (Items generally approved as a group without discussion, unless requested to
be moved to Regular Agenda for discussion)
a. Approve Minutes for May 14, 2014.
4. Regular Agenda – The Council may take action on the following items:
a. (7:15) Unpermitted Encroachments In the Public Right of Way. (DPW) San
Mateo County Department of Public Works wil provide information on County and
California vehicle code. The presentation wil address storing items and parking
vehicles, campers, boats and other items in the Right of Way.
Desired Outcome: Informational
b. (7:45) Rodenticide Use and Policies on the Coastside. (Deinzer) San Mateo
County Mosquito and Vector Control District staff wil provide information on their
policies and use of rodenticides on the Coastside, fol owed by a discussion of how
best to address the issue of secondary poisoning of wildlife and pets that eat dead
or dying rodents that have consumed poison baits. This is fol ow-up to 4/23/14
presentation by Raptors Are The Solution (RATS).
Desired Outcome: Informational and determination of next steps.
5. Council Activity – Correspondence received & meetings attended
6. Future Agendas
June 11, 25
June/July: 2 public workshops, ~ 3 weeks apart, on Design Alternatives for Midcoast
Highway 1 Congestion, Throughput, and Safety Improvement Project (designated
pedestrian crossings, left-turn pockets, raised medians)