On May 7, the inaugural Great Russian River Race (GR3) will attract some of the world's top canoeing and kayaking athletes, local adventurers and social paddlers to race in two separate events.
Date: May 7, 2011 11-4 p.m.
Venue: Russian River, Healdsburg
Events: 15-mile Bridge-to-Bridge Race & 5-mile Rio Lindo Race
Classes: Single or Double (Kayak/Canoe/Surfski) or Open Canoe
Prizes: $5,000 in cash and prizes
Entries: www.greatrussianriverrace.com or (707) 433 7247
Proceeds: All proceeds go to Russian Riverkeeper and Sonoma County Regional Parks
Note: Entries are limited and will be on a first-come-first-serve
GR3 Team Competitions
The Great Russian River Race is having a team competition for your business, non-profit, social organization or family to join the fun May 7 and show your support for the Russian River and our Sonoma County Regional Parks! The team competitions will be held on the 5-mile Rio Lindo Race course and River's Edge Kayak and Canoe is deeply discounting their canoe rental prices to make it affordable for you to enter your team.
Here are the steps to enter your team in the Great Russian River Race:
1. Organize a team or teams for your workplace, social group, non-profit organization or family.
2. Download the Entry Form on the GR3 website.
3. Complete one form per two person team and write down your team name and mark the team category.
4. Calculate registration fees: $50 per racer and an extra $30 if you need to rent a canoe.
5. Send in payment and form and start working on a small sign for your team's boat!
Entry fees are $50 before April 15th($70 after). For those that don't have boats, River's Edge is renting out canoes and kayaks-$30 for canoe or double kayak, $20 for singe kayak.For more information go to the Great Russian River Race website.