Killer Shrimp Restaurants, Marina del Rey’s favorite waterfront eatery, has announced the opening date of its third location set to open on July 25 at 19 Pier Ave. in Hermosa Beach.
Killer Shrimp, known worldwide for its highly guarded Killer Shrimp secret family recipe, will replace the Cantina Real restaurant on the legendary Hermosa Beach Strand; setting a new growth milestone as the Killer Shrimp brand continues to build its market presence in Southern California.
“We couldn’t be more excited to bring our Killer Shrimp family restaurant to the local Hermosa Beach community,” said Kevin Michaels, owner of Killer Shrimp. “I have grown up spending so much of my life down here, surfing, dining, spending time and creating memories with friends and family. It’s an honor to open Killer Shrimp Hermosa Beach at such an amazing location, right at the end of Pier Ave with an unobstructed view of The Strand and the gorgeous Pacific Ocean.”
Killer Shrimp’s family values go way back, creator Lee Michaels (Kevin’s dad) first made the famous dish at home when the kids were young. In the 25-plus years since, father and son have placed top priority on three things: preserving the quality of the original secret recipe, delivering over-the-top customer service and keeping prices affordable.
The signature Killer Shrimp recipe is a family guarded secret that has never left the Michael's hands, something truly unique which sets the brand apart from other culinary establishments in the industry.
Killer Shrimp has a secret spice room that only one person who makes the spice packages and the owners have access to. Kevin and his father are the only people who know the secret recipe and they have worked very hard to keep it that way. All of the dry spices are packed for each individual order in the secret spice room and then combined with the finest natural ingredients to simmer for 10 hours, which creates our famous spicy sauce.
The Hermosa Beach location features the signature Killer Shrimp rock ’n’ roll inspired decor with sophisticated dark black wood floors, contemporary grey walls, drama influencing hanging lights above each table, black and white modern and retro photos adorning the interior walls, a social outdoor patio with a retractable awning located directly on Pier Plaza and the edge of The Strand providing unobstructed views of the pier and the ocean, and also features the only private parking lot on Pier Avenue and The Strand.
Killer Shrimp Opening Date: July 25
Address: 19 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, (310) 372-7071
Hours of Operation: 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. Sunday – Thursday; 11:30 a.m. – midnight, Friday & Saturday
Happy Hours: 4-6 p.m.
- Killer Shrimp is located at the edge of the beautiful Hermosa Beach Strand and Pier Ave.
- Killer Shrimp features the only private parking lot located right on The Strand and Pier Ave. for its guests.
- Signature Killer Shrimp decor with sophisticated dark black wood floors, contemporary grey walls, drama influencing hanging lights above each table, black and white modern and retro photos adorning the interior walls
- Accommodates 100 guests in the expansive dining room
- Outdoor Patio accommodates 34 guests and features 25ft of seating area with a retractable awning located directly on Pier Plaza and The Strand providing unobstructed views of the pier and the ocean.
- Specialty cocktail program created by our renowned house mixologist Marcos Tello, using the freshest juices, herbs, ingredients and spirits.
- Sensitive to the economic pinch on the wallet, throwback original-priced specials like “Original Monday” offers the Original Killer Shrimp dish for $9.95 (every Monday) to mark Killer Shrimp’s heart for its loyal fan’s addictions.
- In signature Killer Shrimp fashion; we will also be hosting Happy Hour from 4PM - 6PM.