Waste Management of San Diego’s curbside residential trash and recycling customers who normally receive service on Fridays will be receiving service on Saturday, July 5 this week only because of the company’s observance of Independence Day. Service will remain as usual for customers who receive service on Saturday.
This means customers
in the following cities who receive service on Fridays should place
their carts out for pick-up Saturday, July 5:
• El Cajon
• Communities in unincorporated San Diego County, including 4S Ranch, Lakeside, Spring Valley, Alpine and Jamul
Commercial trash and recycling services will not be affected by the holiday –
these services will remain on the regular Monday through Saturday
With Fourth of July party planning underway, Waste
Management would like to share a few eco-friendly party tips to go red,
white, and green this Independence Day:
1. Become independent of disposable plates, cups and utensils and bring reusable party ware. This is not only good for the environment, but also saves money in the
2. Set up a specially marked recycling container to
collect aluminum cans and plastic bottles so that they don’t end up in
3. Try petroleum-free charcoal starter, which is available purchase at many household discount and hardware stories.
4. Use aluminum foil instead of plastic wrap to cover and store food.
Foil can be cleaned and reused, or crumpled up and tossed into the
recycling cart, making it the better option.
Customer service is available at 1-866-967-3292.
ABOUT WASTE MANAGEMENT
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of
comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its
subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and
resource recovery, and disposal services. It is the largest residential
recycler and also a leading developer, operator and owner of
waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United
States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial,
industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America. To learn
more information about Waste Management visit