With its nautical theme, bright blue waters and home to schools of dolphins and other sea life, there is more to Dana Point than meets the eye.
Did you know:
1. Dana Point has more than 1,900 hotel rooms ranging in accommodations and services from economy to
2. provides slips and mooring for more than 2,500 boats.
3. On Jan. 1, 2009, the city of Dana Point celebrated its 20th anniversary.
4. According to the California Department of Finance, Dana Point is home to 33,429 residents.
5. The average rainfall is 12.4 inches, the average high temp in the summer is 76 degree, and in the winter it's a balmy 64 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
6. The annual hat is held in September is considered to be the largest gathering of its kind on the West Coast in the United States.
7. Dana Point has held the ever-popular since 1972.
8. Dana Point has hosted the since 2008. It is held on the grounds of the
9. overlooking Dana Point harbor has been going strong for 16 years. The course winds its way through downtown Dana Point into and the adjoining residential community.
10. An abundance of kril, has made Dana Point a great place to hang out for the
11. The city's official flower is the rose.
12.. A total of 8,400 city trees are trimmed bi-annually, in accordance with the standards of the International Society of Arboriculture.
Sources: Ocean Institute, city of Dana Point website, Concours D'Elegance, Dana Point Grand Prix, Dana Wharf Sportfishing and Whale Watching, Dana Point Parks and Recreation Department.