Party for Middle-Schoolers, Off-Center Festival and Holocaust Remembrance Day
Here are five things to keep you informed about Laguna Niguel-Dana Point and Orange County for Jan. 27-Feb. 2.
- If you're in 6th through 8th grade, Laguna Niguel has a fun event this Friday planned for you called
Friday Night Live! Middle-schoolers will be dancing to DJ-provided music, playing Wii games, ping pong, entering contests and fun food challenges. Snacks and prizes will be provided. Cost is $5 for this 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. event at the Sea Country Community Center, 24602 Aliso Creek Road. Admission sales end at 7:30pm.
- Luxe Restaurant at 24582 Del Prado is asking the Dana Point Planning Commission to allow them to host live entertainment. City staff doesn't think it's such a good idea. The issue is scheduled to be decided Monday at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 33282 Golden Lantern.
- Monday is designated by the United Nations as
International Holocaust Remembrance Day. It is the anniversary of the liberation of the
Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp in 1945 and honors the victims of the Nazi era.
- Attention husbands, boyfriends and significant others: Valentine’s Day is just three weeks away. Now is a good time to think about gifts and make restaurant reservations. Don’t say you weren’t told!
- Orange County can be a very predictable place, but the
Segerstrom Center for the Arts has an antidote in the annual
Off-Center Festival. There’s a still a week left to sample innovative entertainment, DJs and food trucks.