From the family that brought you The French Gourmet comes a new French dining experience to La Jolla. Located on the shoreline of Avenida de la Playa, Voulez Vous Bistro blends French cuisine with the area’s laid back beach attitude.
Owner Christian Malecot, a recent graduate from University of San Diego, grew up in the restaurant industry working and learning from his father Michel, owner of The French Gourmet. Building upon his experience and the lessons passed down from his father’s 33 years in the restaurant business, Christian, 22, opened Voulez Vous last month in the space that was previously Papalulu’s.
The restaurant is a joint venture from the father and son duo that will mix some of the traditional aspects of The French Gourmet with a new tropical location ambiance.
Like The French Gourmet, Christian says he hopes Voulez Vous will be known for selling good, quality meals and delicious recipes made from scratch—such as their chicken potpie.
Embracing the relaxed beach vibe, Christian characterizes the restaurant as casual French-Californian dining. Dinner specialties will include steak and seafood dishes and for desert, bakery treats delivered fresh daily from The French Gourmet.
Voulez Vous Bistro
- Address: 2168 Avenida de la Playa, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Phone: 858-459-3131
- Email: Christian.email@example.com
- Hours: Open daily 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.; kitchen closed from 3 to 3:30 p.m.; dinner served 5 to 9 p.m.; hungry hour 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.;currently closed Sunday and Monday nights
- Cuisine: French
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Dietary Options: Offers vegetarian options. Gluten-free options offered soon.
- Seating: Indoor and outdoor
- Tables: Seats 60 outside and 15 inside
- Payment Accepted: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- Price: Breakfast $8- $12, entrees $15-$25
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Street, valet available soon
- Reservations: Yes
- Owner: Christian Malecot
- Date Opened: Sept. 15, 2012