20 Aug 2014
69° Mostly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by kylenekaelin

Child Accidently Sets Off Spring Valley Apartment Fire with Candle

Child Accidently Sets Off Spring Valley Apartment Fire with Candle

A young child moved a lit candle to an unsafe location, sparking an apartment fire in Spring Valley, authorities said today.

The noninjury fire at 9034 Kenwood Drive erupted shortly before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to San Diego County sheriff's Sgt. Julio Sandoval.

The fire started in a top floor back bedroom of a two-story apartment unit, the sergeant said in a statement.

A damage estimate was pending.

Deputies helped evacuate residents while firefighters put out the blaze, Sandoval said, noting the American Red Cross was called to assist affected residents.

—City News Service

Share This Article