Tuesday's incidents included accidents (one spot is on ), a disturbance, and suspicious circumstances. Plus, a traffic stop yielded an arrest on a bench warrant.
It's the "suspicious package" in our catch-all "suspicious stuff" category, however, that piques the curiousity. "Information only?" We guess nothing blew up. Naturally, we wanted to know what was in there?
1. Misdemeanor Warrant
- 8:35 a.m., Foothill Expressway & Arboretum Drive; traffic stop, subject arrested on a bench warrant, vehicle towed.
- 9:05 a.m., S. El Monte Avenue and Woodstock Lane; Injury accident, report taken.
- 10:22 a.m., Foothill Expressway & El Monte Avenue; non-injury accident, officer assisted with a names exchange.
3. Suspicious Stuff: Circumstances/Persons/Package
- 10:48 a.m., Los Altos High School, suspicious circumstances; report of bicycle theft, officer responded and determined to be unfounded.
- 12:07 p.m., 600 block of Springer Road, suspicious vehicle; occupied, officer responded and contacted the subject, who pulled to the side of the road to make a phone call, unfounded.
- 12:42 p.m., 00 block of El Monte Avenue, suspicious circumstances; officer responded and a report was taken, no crime, information only.
- 4:33 p.m., 400 block of Casita Way, suspicious circumstances; officer responded and contacted the reporting party, no report taken.
- 8:45 p.m., 1600 block of Parkhills Avenue; suspicious package, information only.
4. Reckless Driver
1:15 p.m., W. Edith Avenue & Foothill Expressway; report of reckless driver, information passed on to traffic division.
5. Disturbances and Mischief
8:15 p.m., 900 block of Andover Way; disturbance, officers responded, assistance rendered.
- 8:53 p.m., 500 block of Deodara Drive; malicious mischief just occurred, report of vandalism, no permanent damage, information only.
The preceding is provided by the Los Altos Police Department. Mapped incidents reflect block number only to protect the privacy of residents. Where arrests are mentioned, they do not indicate convictions.