Looking for a way to spice up your Cinco de Mayo? Check out some unconventional margaritas to take to your fiesta from mild to caliente.
- 8 oz Casamigos Reposado Tequila
- 4 oz triple sec
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
In a blender, puree watermelon and sugar until smooth. Pour puree through a fine mesh strainer. Transfer liquid to a pitcher and add lime juice, tequila and triple sec. Stir to combine. Divide margarita into glasses and garnish with watermelon wedge.
- 1 oz Milagro Silver Tequila
- ½ oz Cointreau Orange Liqueur
- 3 oz Dr. Swami's Margarita Mixer
- 1 ½ cup cracked ice or about 6 cubes
Add ingredients to a shaker filled with ice and shake well. Pour over prepared glasses filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedge.
Sparkling Margarita (for the group)
- 1 cup Milagro Silver tequila
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 to 1 ½ cups sparkling wine
In a cocktail shaker, combine half of the tequila, lime juice, and agave nectar with plenty of ice. Shake well and strain the mixture into glasses. Repeat with remaining tequila, juice and agave nectar. Top with sparkling wine and garnish with sprig of mint.
- 1 bottle of Buscado Garnacha
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- ½ cup Brandy
- 2 cans lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
In a large pitcher, combine all the ingredients (except for the soda and ice). Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Just before serving, stir in the soda and top off with ice. Pour into glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
Although Los Gatos doesn't have a BevMo! in town, there's one on the Saratoga-San Jose border near the Westgate Shopping Center, located at 5205 Prospect Rd.
If this BevMo doesn't have what you need in stock, here are some nearby stores to try:
- BevMo!, 14800 Camden Ave., San Jose, 95124, 408-369-0990
- Safeway, 1500 Pollard Rd., Los Gatos, 95032, 408-374-2050
- Safeway, 15549 Union Ave., Los Gatos, 95032, 408-559-5750
- Safeway, 2341 Winchester Blvd. Campbell, 95008, 408, 364-6880