March 25 marks International Waffle Day. The Swedish holiday—not to be confused with National Waffle Day (which marks the patent of the first waffle iron the U.S.)—celebrates the beginning of spring and coincides with the Feast of the Annunciation, a Christian celebration that marks the day the archangel Gabriel told the Virgin Mary she was to become the mother of Christ.
To celebrate the holiday, we give you a list of spots in and around Milpitas where you can enjoy a delicious plate of waffles, and more.
- , 36 S. Abbott Ave., 408-946-4773
- , 90 S. Park Victoria Dr., 408-946-8748
- , 765 E. Calaveras Blvd., 408-942-8887
- 333 S. Abbott Ave., 408-262-9090
- s, 1801 Barber Ln., 408-943-1110
- Hobee's Restaurant, 680 River Oaks Pkwy in San Jose, 408-232-0190
And if pancakes are more your style, there are two fundraisers coming up.
- for the (see flyer on right). Sunday, March 27 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Indoors at . Includes pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, coffee or hot chocolate. $15 adults or $10 children.
- . All-you-can-eat flapjacks for $10 includes bacon and a beverage. Saturday, April 2 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at . For tickets email: MHS music director Chris Kaldy, ckaldy at musd.org.