You may have caught the Glendale Bear fever, but it's probably best to stick with the instead of the roaming creature found in Montrose-La Crescenta Tuesday.
With repeated recent sightings and the , Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA continues to warn residents about how to handle a bear.
Here are tips to keep you safe whether you or somewhere deep in the wild:
- Never hike alone, always stick to the trail.
- Keep kids nearby.
- Do not approach the animal.
- Do not run away from the animal.
- Stand tall always, make eye contact and pick up your children without turning your back to the animal.
- Do all you can to make yourself appear bigger.
- Raise your arms and hands, throw rocks, branches, make noise, wave your arms slowly and speak loud.
- Report sightings to authorities immediately.