21 Aug 2014
64° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by air_wolf21
Patch Instagram photo by montrosebikeshopwomen

Dodger Stadium Beating Suspect from La Crescenta

Four men, including a 29-year-old from La Crescenta, were arrested Sunday and booked on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after allegedly beating two people in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium.

Dodger Stadium Beating Suspect from La Crescenta

LOS ANGELES (CNS) - Four men were arrested on suspicion of beating another man following a minor traffic accident in a Dodger Stadium parking lot after Sunday's game between the Dodgers and St. Louis Cardinals, authorities said Monday.

The suspects were booked on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon -- their fists and feet, said Los Angeles police Officer Bruce Borihanh of the Media Relations office.

Bail was set at $30,000 for each of the four, identified as Arthur Morales, 30, of Monrovia; Alan Trujillo, 29, of Los Angeles; Ulisis Briceno, 26, of Los Angeles; and Alejandro Briceno, 29, of La Crescenta.

The injured man, whose name was withheld, was treated at a hospital and released. A passenger in his vehicle, a woman about eight months pregnant, was taken to a hospital for a precautionary examination and then released, Borihanh said.

She was not involved in the altercation, he said. About 9:30 p.m., the victim and Morales were involved in a minor traffic accident while driving out of the parking lot following the Dodgers' 6-5 victory over the Cardinals. Both men got out of their vehicles, and they began arguing, and the dispute led to a fistfight, Borihanh said.

"At some point, three guys from another car jumped out, grabbed the victim, threw him down to the ground and held him down, while the fourth person kicked and punched him in the face," LAPD Cmdr. Andy Smith told CBS2.

Three officers saw the attack, and quickly arrested the suspects.

On March 31, 2011, San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow was severely beaten in a Dodger Stadium parking lot following the team's home opener. Louie Sanchez, 29, and Marvin Norwood, 31, are awaiting trial on charges of mayhem, assault and battery. Police said Stow was attacked because he was wearing Giants gear.

A lawsuit filed last year on behalf of Stow against former Dodger owner Frank McCourt and four Dodger companies is pending.

Dodgers officials said the quick response of security and police in the stadium parking lot helped ensure the confrontation did not escalate further, and led to the immediate arrest of suspects.

"We have made it clear that we are fully committed to providing a safe, family-friendly environment for all of our fans, and the very quick and effective response by our personnel and the LAPD officers on the scene shows that they were properly deployed and fully engaged in this effort," Dodger President Stan Kasten said.

Share This Article