The National Weather Service issued a hazardous weather outlook Monday and warned that rain, wind and possibly hail could hit the region Tuesday as a cold stormfront moves in.
The inclement weather is expected to last through Wednesday and NWS predicts that scattered thunderstorms could produce small hail in addition to the 80 percent chance of rain forecast for Tuesday.
Here's the 3-day forecast for Moorpark from NWS:
- Tuesday: Showers, mainly after 4 p.m. High near 55 degrees. Southest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday night: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 40 degrees. West northwest wind around 10 to 15 mph. Chance of gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 56 degrees. North wind around 10 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 35 degrees. West wind around 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 59 degrees. North wind around 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest in the morning.