The fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and flavored with hops produces a handful of different varieties: pale ale, stout, mild ale, wheat, pale lager and Lambic, with colors ranging from light amber to dark chocolate, served from room temperature to very chilled, and varying flavors from clean to slightly sour to caramel to chocolate to molasses-like.
Whether you’re a regular beer fan, a newbie or just curious, there is a wide array of local watering holes to enjoy your thirst-quenching glass of brew Thursday night.
- has dollar half pint night on Thursdays starting at 8 p.m. and specialty brews including fruit beer and Happy Hour specials from 4-6:30 p.m.
- has DJ Night on Thursdays and Happy Hour Monday to Friday from 5-6:30 p.m. Specials: $2-$3.50 draft beers and 40-50 percent off many menu items.
- has Karaoke Thursday Night
- has a full bar, wine and a wide selection of beers on tap: Guinness, Gordon Biersch, Pyramid, Bass Ale, Sierra Nevada, Wider’s Cider, Hefeweizen and more. They also have daily “kitchen specials” such as burritos, tri-tip sandwich, burgers, pizzas, and potato skins. For Happy Hour, there's $1 off beer and well drinks.
- daily specials: $3.50 for Corona beer, $3.25 for Tequila Sunrise, and $5.50 for Patron shot.
- offers an elegant lakeside setting and these beers: Stella Artois, Gordon Biersch and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale all in pitchers or pints.
- has Reverse Happy Hour Thursdays: $2 Coronas and $4 Don Julio all night, with no cover charge, excluding special performances. Also featuring a guest DJ spinning hip hop and top '40s.
- offers $3 beers during Happy Hour and other drink and appetizer specials.
- Scratch: a classy, upscale fine American dining restaurant with full bar.
- is a casual dive bar with karaoke and billiards.
- offers a casual bar atmosphere with beers on tap. Thursday is trivia night!
- offers beers, juke box, dance floor, flat-screen TV.
- offers beers on tap, cocktails, a casual spot, flat-screen TV pool and jukebox.
- , a liquor store, has a beer tasting on Friday featuring Leinenkubel’s Autumn Sampler from 4-7 p.m. Also enjoy Shultz Pretzels and BevMo's Hot and Sweet Beer Mustard. Tasting fee applies.
Three cheers for beer!