1. Patchy fog is expected before 11 a.m. and after 11 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be cloudy through midmorning, then a gradual clearing with a high near 89. Tonight, expect increasing clouds with a low around 61.
2. In conjunction with the Historic Downtown Murrieta Association, the , 24890 Washington Ave., is sponsoring an Antique/Rummage Sale to raise funds to build the Second Avenue Park in Historic Downtown Murrieta. Not only a park, it is the proposed home of the Murrieta Museum, Boy's and Girls Club and playground. The sale begins at 8 a.m. and is open to all.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: French bread pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Tonight is “Friday Night Live” at from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. For $11.99 admission, enjoy unlimited use of Mini Golf, Rock Wall, Tea Cups, Go-Karts and Lazer Tag amongst others. Music, rides and karaoke will also complete the night. In order to receive the special admission, you must present the flier that can be download here.
5. Between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. every Friday, Old Town Temecula celebrates its “Hot Summer Nights." There are bands playing on patios, in parking lots and special stages throughout Old Town Temecula while Temecula’s favorite balloon artist, Dynamite Dave clowns around with guests. This is a free event for the entire family. Fusion Rock will perform at the Merc, 42501 Main Street, Bill Magee Band at Baily’s, 28699 Old Town Front Street, Two of Us at Tesoro Winery, 28475 Old Town Front Street Suite B, and Kanan Road at Sweet Lumpy’s, 41915 3rd Street, and Dynamite Dave at Front Street and Main.