1. It will be another hot one, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 105. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with a low around 70.
REMINDER: Beat the heat by staying indoors and avoiding exercise or outdoor activities in the middle of the day. Wear loose fitting clothing, shield yourself from the sun and wear sunscreen. For those who need to cool down, the at 41717 Juniper St. is a designated cool center for Murrieta.
2. The city of Murrieta is now accepting applications for Community Development Block Grant for the 2013-2014 program year. The city is inviting all eligible non-profit organizations 501(c)(3) to submit applications. The application deadline is 5 p.m. Sept. 20. For more information, qualifying criteria and applications, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: tostada bowl. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Join for its “Family Fun Night” between 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. tonight. On the agenda: break a board with Pro-Am Mixed Martial Arts Training Center. Materials will be provided. Located at 24794 Madison Ave., the event is free.
5. Every Tuesday at 11 a.m. presents the "Crybaby Matinee." Relax and enjoy a movie without worrying about unexpected tantrums or feedings in the dark; they keep the lights dimmed and the sound volume down. Baby-changing tables and stroller valet are also provided for the convenience of our parents. Showing today: “ The Odd Life of Timothy Green” (PG).