1. It will be another warm one, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect sunny skies with a high around 79. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low of 41.
2. In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, post offices, banks and most federal, state and county government offices are closed. There is no school for students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District. The Murrieta Public Library, City Hall and Senior Center are also closed.
3. Play paintball for a good cause today! Murrieta Valley High School MCJROTC is hosting its first annual Paintball/Airsoft Tournament to raise money for the program. Adult and children 13 and older are invited to join in. Medals will be awarded to winning teams. The event is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Jungle Island Paintball Park, 14881 Temescal Canyon Road in Lake Elsinore. The cost to play is $25 for those who have equipment and $50 for those who are in need of equipment. (Equipment rentals are limited and on a first come first serve basis.) Please come to the MCJROTC table and register when you arrive. All players under the age of 18 must bring a waiver which can be found on the Jungle Island website at http://www.jungle-island.com/.
4. Head to The Mill Restaurant in Historic Downtown Murrieta, where every Monday you can enjoy any large 16” pizza, full garlic bread and a salad for $24.99. The deal is for either carry-out or dine-in. For more information, click here.
5. Today join Pole Position for day camp. This special event is part driving clinic, part personalized instruction and part racing, but it’s all fun. Space is still available for today’s camp—just show up. Open to all 17 and younger, camp admission is $89 per person. For more information, click here. Read our business profile on Pole Position Raceway to find out more about how it got its start in Murrieta and has spread to six locations nationwide.