1. The start to the week will be warm, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 75. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low around 56.
2. Elementary and middle school students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District are on an early release schedule today and high schoolers will have a late start. Parents, check your child's school website, as release times differ. Motorists, beware of students walking and earlier-than-usual traffic near schools.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The Murrieta Veterans Memorial Committee is holding its monthly meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. The mission of the committee is to honor and pay tribute to the courage, commitment, and heroism of the men and women who have served in all branches of the Armed Forces of the United States. The meetings take place on the fourth Monday at Murrieta's City Hall located at One Town Square, 24601 Jefferson Ave. They are conducted in an open-forum format and the public is welcome to attend. For more information, please contact Lea Kolek at 951-461-6116.
5. Eat out cheaply and be entertained by aircraft landing and taking off at the French Valley Café, located at the French Valley Airport. Between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., kids eat free off the children's menu when an adult meal is purchased.