1. There is a 30 percent chance of rain after 11 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to start off with drizzle before 11 a.m., followed by partly sunny skies and a high near 75. Tonight, expect cloudy skies and a low around 48.
2. The Outpatient Imaging and Women’s Diagnostic Center of Loma Linda University Medical Center – Murrieta, is observing October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, by providing a free educational program and open-house styled event from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. today at the Professional Office Building, 28078 Baxter Road. In addition to $50 mammograms, participants and activities include: Lymphedema Education Class, Michelle’s Place, MRI Breast Biopsy Education, Q & A with radiologist Dr. Alvin Hensel, Susan G. Komen, Pilates Exercise Bands and an instruction class, Healthy Steps Exercise program, Survivor Stories and healthy delicious refreshments. The event will be held at the Professional Office Building, 28078 Baxter Road.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Mac n’ cheese. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. There will be more water shut-downs today between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., according to the Rancho California Water District. The shut down will affect parts of Peach Blossom Court and Ginger Blossom Court, amongst others. For more information, click here.
5. Learn about the Murrieta school board candidates by attending a forum from 6 p.m. to 7 :30 p.m. tonight at Thompson Middle School, 24040 Hayes Ave. in Murrieta. Read more here.
BONUS TIP: Make tonight a family night out at Big Cheese Pizza, where every Wednesday night kids eat free. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., those ages 10 and under eat free with an adult meal purchase. Big Cheese Pizza is at 41080 California Oaks Rd.