1. It will be another glorious day, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 86. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with a low around 51.
2. The Murrieta Library is celebrating Día de los Muertos, the Mexican Day of the Dead holiday today at 4 p.m. for children ages 3 to 12. The program features hands-on art activities that reflect the traditions associated with this event. Día de los Muertos is a wonderful and joyous holiday that focuses on gatherings of family and friends to remember loved ones who have died. This event is free and open to the public and is sponsored by the Friends of the Murrieta Library. The Murrieta Public Library is located at 8 Town Square (Adams Avenue and Kalmia Street). For more information, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: bean and cheese burrito. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Join Chick-fil-A for its “Family Fun Night” between 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. tonight. On tonight’s agenda: Fall Ice-dream Sundaes. Each child will get to make and eat their own. Materials will be provided. Located at 24794 Madison Ave., the event is free.
5. The Murrieta Valley Unified School District will hold a community forum at 6 p.m. District Superintendent Pat Kelley, who took over Oct. 1, is holding the one-hour public meetings to give parents and community members an opportunity to meet with him. Held at the District Support Center is located at 41870 McAlby Court, the public is encouraged to attend.