1. More benefit events are planned on behalf of a 15-year-old Murrieta girl who remains on life support after suffering critical injuries in a skateboarding accident. Click here for more information.
2. Watch for pedestrians near schools! Students of the Murrieta Valley Unified School District return to school Tuesday following winter break. Also on Tuesday, the district will begin accepting applications for intra- and inter-district student transfers for the 2014-2015 school year.
3. With the first flu death reported in Riverside County last week, there is no reason to delay getting vaccinated. Shots are available at doctors’ offices and many pharmacies, and the county offers free shots.
4. If you think your pet needs a makeover, Tuesday is the perfect day. It’s National Dress Up Your Pet Day, an event which dates back all the way to 2009. If you participate, send Patch a photo!
5. Attention self-employed individuals: Wednesday is the deadline for paying estimated taxes for the last quarter of 2013. The government shutdown in October delayed the start of the tax season, but not the date for payments.