Each year in Newark, non-profit organizations run numerous booths around town selling fireworks to generate funds.
Here is a list of which nonprofit organizations are running each booth:
- Farmers and Farmerettes parking lot, 6450 Thornton Ave.
- Latinos Unidos De Newark, Parking Lot, Rosemont Shopping Center off of Newark Boulevard.
- L.O.V. Newark, at Jarvis Avenue at Newark Boulevard.
- Newark American Little League, at 5911 Mowry Ave.
- Newark Days Celebration, Balentine Plaza near at Cedar Boulevard and Mowry School Road.
- Newark Memorial Boosters, 5855 Jarvis Ave., near
- Newark Schools Foundation, Inc., at 36665 Cedar Blvd.
- Newark Soccer Club , Parking Lot, 5464 Thornton Ave.
- Newark Optimist Club, In front of , 35145 Newark Blvd.
- Viola Blythe Community Service Center, Parking Lot of at 2900 NewPark Mall.
The use of fireworks in Newark are permitted through midnight on July 4. Officials with the Alameda County Fire Department and Newark Police Department urge residents to practice safe use of legal fireworks.
To learn more about fireworks safety, .