The Orange County Chapter of the California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA) recently honored 17 local landscape contractors with 2013 Beautification Awards for excellence in landscape installation and maintenance, demonstrating the best quality, construction, originality and attention to detail on 2012 projects. A total of 49 awards were presented in 26 categories culled from 75 entries, which encompassed categories covering residential and commercial landscape construction, maintenance and renovation, along with water features, outdoor lighting and water-saving California-friendly landscaping.
The five top awards are:
· Bill Vandergeest Excelsior Award for the best entry by a new Orange County CLCA member who joined after June 1, 2012 presented to Illuminated Concepts of Laguna Hills for the Matranga Residence in Laguna Hills.
· Brilliance Award for the best overall lighting project combining workmanship, craftsmanship, and creativity to Richard Cohen Landscape of Lake Forest for the Asner Residence of Newport Coast.
· Judges Award for the best landscape maintenance to SoCal Concepts of Irvine for the Markley Residence in Newport Beach.
· President’s Award for the best landscape installation, landscape renovation, or water conservation to Mission Landscape of Irvine for the Kilroy Airport Center in El Segundo.
· Sweepstakes Award for the best overall entry from all categories to Richard Cohen Landscape of Lake Forest for the Asner Residence of Newport Coast.
Award entries are judged by a panel of expert CLCA members from outside Orange County who spend four days closely inspecting each nomination for the quality of workmanship and materials utilized. Each landscaping entry must adhere to industry standards and have properly shown an execution of detail.
CLCA is an active force in the statewide effort to conserve water. As water-efficient irrigation experts, many members are invaluable sources for consultations on planning and installing water-saving irrigation systems. CLCA also conducts an active public information program on landscape water management.
About California Landscape Contractors’ Association
CLCA is a non‑profit, statewide trade association of licensed landscape and landscape‑related specialty contractors. The Orange County chapter is one of the largest chapters in California with approximately 250 members. Follow the CLCA Orange County chapter on Facebookand Twitterand on the web at www.clca-orangecounty.org.