19 Aug 2014
69° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by ermyceap
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by lilyava299
Patch Instagram photo by _mollfairhurst
Patch Instagram photo by thecontemporaryhannah
Patch Instagram photo by lucyketch
Patch Instagram photo by laurabarreto87
Patch Instagram photo by lghtwght

Chimney Problem Sparks Apartment Fire Near CSUN

Blaze is extinguished in 14 minutes, according to the LAFD.

Chimney Problem Sparks Apartment Fire Near CSUN

A fire started in a wall of Northridge apartment building because of a faulty chimney Monday, leaving one unit uninhabitable.

The fire in a three-story building at 18550 Prairie St. near Cal State Northridge was reported at 2:47 p.m. and put out in 14 minutes, Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department said.

A fire was burning in the hearth for heat, and a problem with the chimney was believed to have led to the fire, he said.

No injuries were reported.

Share This Article