2014 marks the 25th Anniversary of Little League International's Challenger Division. In 1989, Little League International created the Challenger Division as a separate division of Little League which gives physically and developmentally challenged boys and girls the opportunity to play baseball. Participating is a great way to get active and is open to players who use wheelchairs. We welcome all physically and developmentally challenged children regardless of home address (Novato, Petaluma, San Rafael, etc. - all can play).
Novato South Little League is grateful to our Challenger Division sponsor, the Marin County Deputy Sheriffs' Association, who is covering all costs for our Challenger team as registration is FREE for all Challenger players.
NSLL Challenger Division Details
- Open to all children (regardless of home address) ages 5-12 with a physical or mental disability
- Registration is free!
- 5-week season from April until May
- Games are on Sundays from 10 AM - 11 AM
- Games are played at Hamann Field located next to Olive Elementary School at 609 Plum Street, Novato 94945
- Majors and Minors managers volunteer their time to help with the games
- Players receive a league jersey and hat
- Slots limited to the first 18 players to register
The Challenger Division demonstrates the core of Little League - having fun teaching all children the great game of baseball. We hope to have many players registered in our inaugural year - please help spread the word!
Registration is open online now on our novatosouthlittleleague.com website:
For more information, please contact NSLL Challenger Division Volunteers:
Coordinator: Ellen Christensen-Denton at email@example.com
Manager: Danny Marrett at firstname.lastname@example.org