22 Aug 2014
58° Partly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by hulahawaii1976

Ktichen Fire Damages Pacifica Home

Investigators believe the blaze started yesterday when food was left cooking unattended in the kitchen.

Ktichen Fire Damages Pacifica Home

A kitchen fire damaged a home in Pacifica on Monday morning, according to the North County Fire Authority.

Firefighters responded to reports of fire at a two-story house in the 200 block of Edgewood Drive at about 11:55 a.m., fire authority spokesman Matt Lucett said.

Arriving units saw smoke coming out of the house and found the fire burning in the kitchen.

All of the home's occupants were able to exit safely, and the fire — which had spread to an attic space — was brought under control in about two hours.

One resident was treated at the scene for chest pain and was taken to a hospital for further observation, Lucett said.

Investigators believe the blaze started when food was left cooking unattended in the kitchen.

— Bay City News

Follow Pacifica Patch on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook | Sign up for our daily newsletter  Blog for us

Share This Article