Dear Pali Parents,
Welcome to the 2012-13 opening of school! is looking forward to a productive and exciting year focused on achieving the schoolwide goals established during the comprehensive self study for the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) six-year accreditation process. Throughout the 2012-13 school year, PCHS will work toward the student focused objectives identified in the long range schoolwide strategic plan and WASC action plan
PCHS is dedicated to continuous improvement and is dedicated to achieving our mission: PCHS will empower our diverse student population to make positive contributions to the global community by dedicating our resources to ensure educational excellence, civic responsibility, and personal growth. The following long range strategic plan goals will guide the school in the coming three years.
- Achievement - By 2015, all subgroups will make yearly progress as measured by state and school benchmarks.
- Family and Community - By 2015, PCHS will respectfully and effectively communicate through collaborative partnerships with its diverse stakeholder groups to ensure overall student success and personal growth.
- Facilities - By 2015, in accord with our school culture and master plan timeline, we will maximize facility use, upgrade, and development through effective project and revenue management.
- Technology - By Spring 2015 we will in a user-friendly format, effectively utilize technology to maximize learning opportunities, manage and share information, and expand communication.
- Budget - By 2015, our operating budget will increase by at least $2 million through alternate funding that supplements our state funded budget, and we will acquire funding for special projects to implement our master plan.
Your feedback and input is important to us. Members of the school community are invited to share observations and recommendations for PCHS through surveys and dialogue as we concentrate on making our outstanding school even more successful at meeting the needs of Palisades Charter High School students.
To ensure your child’s success at Pali, please review the PCHS Handbook and the required registration documents. Registration for continuing students is August 6-8 and Mandatory Freshman Orientation is August 9. Your engagement with your child’s school is strongly encouraged. There are numerous ways to get involved and support your child including joining the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC), the PTSA, the Booster Club or any of our governing committees. We want your family to have a great experience at Pali and to fully participate in the opportunities we offer. Please feel free to contact any member of the administrative team or me with comments or concerns.
It is a tremendous honor to be part of this vibrant community. I know you share my enthusiasm and optimism for the coming year, and look forward to celebrating many achievements together in the year ahead.
Dr. Pamela Magee
PCHS Executive Director/Principal
- This letter and other back to school announcements can be found at the Pali High home page here.