Everyone in the region is welcome to either run, walk, stroll, jump or otherwise traverse the course---and if they are swift, they may catch the running toilet, organizers say.
Prizes for winners include a Tuolumne River canoe trip and Keen running shoes.
Don't want to run? You can walk, stroll, hop or jump ... and or just enjoy food, live music ( Pig's Foot String Band), arts and crafts, raffle prizes, free compost-bin giveaway or score other goodies from water agencies, local non-profits, businesses and environmental organizations.
Plan to arrive early and/or stay late at the Baylands Athletic Center to have time for all the fun Earth Day festivities!
Register here or call (650) 329-2241.
The first 100 registrants receive a bag of goodies, including a reusable water bottle.
Shuttle transportation to and from the Athletic Center parking lot will be provided. Please bike, carpool, walk or use the shuttle transportation as parking will be extremely limited.
Using compost saves water...so there will be free compost bins available as well.
The current list of supporters for the 2014 Great Race includes:
- City of Palo Alto Utilities
- City of Palo Alto Zero Waste
- Palo Alto Online
- Palo Alto Weekly
- Pig’s Foot String Band
- Tuolumne River Trust
- Zombie Runner
- Alliance for Water Efficiency
- Bay Area Water Supply and Conservation Agency
- California Urban Water Conservation Council
- City of Palo Alto Art Center
- City of Palo Alto Regional Water Quality Control Plant
- Environmental Volunteers
- Fleet Feet
- Friends of the Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo
- Girl Scouts
- Grocery Outlet
- Hobee’s Restaurant
- Master Composters
- Master Gardeners
- Palo Alto City Library
- Racing Hearts
- Roxy Rapp
- Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Sierra Club
- Sustainable Silicon Valley
- Tandem Creative, Inc.
- Trader Joe’s
- Walter Hays Elementary School
- Wholly H2O
- Individual Community Members