From the city of Rolling Hills Estates:
A free household hazardous waste and electronic waste collection event will be held on Saturday, May 10, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., at Rancho Palos Verdes City Hall/City Yard located at 30940 Hawthorne Blvd.
• Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Paint, Paint Thinner
• Turpentine, Cleaners with Acids or Lye
• Pesticides and Herbicides
• Household and Car Batteries
• Old Computers and Television Sets
• Sharps or Used Needles
• Expired Pharmaceuticals and Mercury Thermometers
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
• Explosives, Ammunition or Radioactive materials
• Waste from Businesses will NOT be accepted
• Trash or Old Tires
• White Goods such as Washers, Stoves, Refrigerators or Air Conditioners
HOW TO PREPARE:
• In general there is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 lbs. per vehicle.
• Bring items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
• Be prepared to leave your containers.
• Do not mix products together.