In 2011, the city got a grant to enhance the public offerings. On Monday "or soon thereafter," construction will begin to:
- Improve trailheads and trails (including ADA-compliant trails)
- Construct an exploration play area
- Replace picnic tables and benches
- Improve picnic areas
- Install park benches
- Install new native plants and irrigation lines (water conservation design)
- Construct an outdoor classroom with shade structure
- Replace trash receptacles
- Install mutt mitt dispensers
- Install an ADA-compliant binocular along the bluff top trail
- Install interpretive signs
- Improve viewing areas
Construction is expected to last three months, during which the park and parking lot will remain open during regular park hours. However, visitors may experience minor inconveniences around the construction zone (located between the parking lot and the bluff top), the city report.
The western portion of the existing gravel parking lot will be closed to accommodate the construction staging area.