No. 9 to be exact. Darn you, Bethesda, Md.
Here's how Movoto came up with its unusual list. They first ranked towns with populations between 30,000 and 80,000 by median incomes and home values. They then calculated these can't-live-without-attributes:
- Really expensive fine dining establishments per capita
- Really expensive clothing retailers per capita
- Really expensive jewelry stores per capita
- Luxury car dealers per capita
- Country clubs per capita
- Cosmetic surgeons per capita
- Distance to nearest polo field
- Distance to nearest yacht club
- Distance to nearest private airport
We also think it was our unimpressive ranking at No. 22 for most cosmetic surgeons that sent RPV plummeting to No. 9 overall. Curse our natural good looks which don't need enhancing!
Here's what Movato had to say, in part, about Rancho Palos Verdes:
Rancho Palos Verdes is home to some of the Los Angeles area’s most prime seaside real estate. That explains its median home value of $973,900 in 2010, but its median household income of $119,778 is also sky-high.