22 Aug 2014
64° Partly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by ermyceap
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by lilyava299
Patch Instagram photo by _mollfairhurst
Patch Instagram photo by thecontemporaryhannah
Patch Instagram photo by lucyketch

Dog Sitter, 2 Dogs Escape Hercules House Fire Unharmed

Fire officials say an unattended pot on the stove was the cause of the fire.

Dog Sitter, 2 Dogs Escape Hercules House Fire Unharmed
A dog sitter and two dogs escaped a house fire in Hercules on Monday afternoon apparently caused by an unattended pot on a stove, according to a fire battalion chief.
 
Crews responded around 2:30 p.m. to reports of a fire at a single-family home in the 100 block of Sparrow Drive and found flames in the house's kitchen and living room areas, Rodeo-Hercules Fire District Battalion Chief Bryan Craig said.
 
A dog sitter who was inside the home at the time and the two dogs were able to safely evacuate by the time fire crews arrived on scene. Medical personnel treated the person for minor smoke inhalation at the scene, but no other injuries were reported.
 
Firefighters were able to prevent the blaze from spreading to neighboring homes and extinguished it a short time after 4 p.m., Craig said. The battalion chief did not yet know how much damage was caused to the home by the fire.

—By Bay City News

Share This Article