A Rancho Bernardo man was injured early today during a fire that caused about $75,000 worth of damage to his home.
An electrical malfunction sparked the blaze in the 11200 block of Calenda Road about 12:15 a.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department. It took crews about a half-hour to subdue the flames, a dispatcher said.
A resident told news crews he'd suffered cuts to one of his hands from breaking out a window to allow his cats to escape the fire and smoke. Medics took him to a hospital for treatment of the lacerations and mild breathing difficulties he was experiencing.
—City News Service