Candidates have until August 10 to file nomination papers.
County Supervisor, District 4
Supervisor Rose Jacobs-Gibson’s term . The following qualified in June amidst a field of eight for a run-off election this November
- is currently a trustee on the board and is the Executive Director of the health non-profit Teen Talk.
- is a retired San Mateo County Clerk and the former Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder for San Mateo County.
District 1 Supervisor Dave Pine and District 5 Supervisor Adrienne Tissier are running uncontested for their seats again.
The Board of Supervisors also voted to place on November’s ballot to let the voters determine if Supervisors will be elected at-large (the entire county) or just by the voters in the District they serve.
San Mateo County is the only county in the state that currently allows supervisors to be selected by an "at large" system, in which candidates that receive the most county-wide votes are elected.
Member of the State Assembly, District 24
- Richard S. Gordon is for this seat and was a former member on the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors and San Mateo County Board of Education.
- Chengzhi “George” Yang is a software engineer in Menlo Park and is challenging Gordon for the seat.
State Senator, District 13
- Jerry Hill is the current Assemblymember in District 19 and was a former San Mateo County Supervisor and San Mateo city councilman.
- Sally J. Lieber is a former State Assemblywoman from District 22 in Santa Clara County and is currently an environmental policy advocate.
United States Representative
- Dave Chapman is a software engineer and a member of the Republican Party.
- Anna G. Eshoo is for this seat and was a former San Mateo County Supervisor.