My due date is almost here. Any day now I could meet this little one who has been moving and kicking inside of me for the last nine months and I can't wait!
It seems as though Baby Gibbs is coming at the perfect time — just before the holidays. Today is my last day of work for 2012 as I take maternity leave. I'll get to spend Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's with my new family before heading back to work in 2013.
That means that from now until mid-January, I'll be offline. But Roseville Patch will still be here. Guest editor Robyn Eifertsen will handle the site while I'm gone. Feel free to send her story ideas and contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before I sign off, here's my message to you ...
I think this can be an opportunity for you to really grab a hold of this site.
Sure, Roseville Patch is a news outlet with articles and videos and whatnot. But it’s also a place to share information and interact with the news. This town is yours, and you can play a role in sharing what's going on. Here are some simple ways to do that:
- Want to voice your opinion or share some news (about anything at all!)? – Post a blog.
- Want to say something about a story on the site? – Post a comment.
- Want to publicize an event? – Add it to our calendar.
- Want to share a photo or video with the community? – Add it to our neighborhood gallery, or upload photos to any Roseville Patch story.
- Want to share a press release? – Post an announcement.
We’ll always be here reporting and writing. That will NEVER stop. But we don’t want you to just sit back and wait around while we do it. You’re sitting on too much valuable information.
While I'm away, feel free to contact Robyn at email@example.com or Felicia Mello, Patch's Sacramento-area associate regional editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-281-6330.
Happy Holidays and see you next year!