AGENDA SAN BRUNO CITY COUNCIL - April 8, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
Meeting Location: San Bruno Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno, CA
City Council meetings are conducted in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised and City Council Rules of Procedure. You may address any agenda item by standing at the microphone until recognized by the Council. All regular Council meetings are recorded and televised on CATV Channel 1 and replayed the following Thursday, at 2:00 pm. You may listen to recordings in the City Clerk's Office, purchase CD’s, access our web site at www.sanbruno.ca.gov or check out copies at the Library. We welcome your participation. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals requiring reasonable accommodations or appropriate alternative formats for notices, agendas and records for this meeting should notify us 48 hours prior to meeting. Please call the City Clerk’s Office 650-616-7058.
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
The Annual Pancake Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt will be held on April 12, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at San Bruno City Park. The Easter Egg Hunt begins promptly at 11:00 a.m.
5. REVIEW OF AGENDA:
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Special Council Meetings of March 25 and 29, 2014 and Regular Council Meeting of March 25, 2014.
7. CONSENT CALENDAR: All items are considered routine or implement an earlier Council action and may be enacted by one motion; there will be no separate discussion unless requested by a Councilmember, citizen or staff.
- Approve: Accounts Payable of March 24 and 31, 2014.
- Approve: Payroll of March 23, 2014.
- Waive: Second Reading, and Adopt an Ordinance to Regulate the Inspection, Repair, and Replacement of Private Sewer Laterals at the Time of Sale of Residential Property.
- Adopt: Resolution Approving Agreement between the City of San Bruno and the San Bruno Professional Fire Fighters Association, and Authorizing its Execution by the City Manager
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA: Individuals allowed three minutes, groups in attendance, five minutes. If you are unable to remain at the meeting, ask the City Clerk to request that the Council consider your comments earlier. It is the Council's policy to refer matters raised in this forum to staff for investigation and/or action where appropriate.
The Brown Act prohibits the Council from discussing or acting upon any matter not agendized pursuant to State Law.
10. CONDUCT OF BUSINESS:
a. Receive Report and Provide Comments on the City's Proposed 2014-2022 General Plan Housing Element Update.
Accept the 2013 Housing Element Annual Progress Report (APR) and Direct Staff to Forward the Report to the California State Office of Planning and Research and the California Department of Housing and Community Development.
b. Receive Report and Approve First Avenue Sidewalk and Landscape Improvements Associated with the CalTrain Grade Separation Project.
c. Adopt Resolution Approving Design Recommendation from the Culture and Arts Commission for a Centennial Art Project, Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Contract with Margarita Soyfertis in the Amount of $75,000 and Designating $5,000 of the City Art Fund as a Reserve Fund for Art Maintenance.
d. Adopt Resolution Approving Installation of ADA Parking Zones at 757 Huntington Avenue and 880 San Mateo Avenue and Provide Update on the Development of a Residential Permit Parking District Around the San Bruno Avenue CalTrain Station.
e. Adopt Resolution Accepting a Donation from San Bruno Lions Club for Labor and Materials to Make Improvements to Portola Performing Arts Center in the Amount of Approximately $30,000.
f. Receive Report on the Grand Boulevard Initiative’s Complete Streets Case Study and Adopt Resolution Appropriating $365,000 of Measure M Funds to Complete (100%) Design Drawings for the Entire San Bruno Case Study Segment.
g. Adopt Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Construction Contract with Roadrunner Drilling & Pump Company, Inc. for the Acappella Site Test Well and Commodore Site Test Well in the Amount of $257,330 with a Construction Contingency of $38,600.
11. REPORT OF COMMISSIONS, BOARDS, & COMMITTEES:
12. COMMENTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS:
13. CLOSED SESSION:
The next regular City Council Meeting will be held on April 22, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno.
GOTO http://www.sanbruno.ca.gov/city_agendapackets.html and view/download the meeting staff packet