Migraine sufferers, relief is in sight.
Novartis, the manufacturer of Excedrin, announced Monday in an email to customers that Excedrin Migraine, which has been off the market since a January recall, is being shipped to stores this week.
Novartis said that Excedrine Migraine should be back on store shelves in the next few weeks.
The pharmacy department at Giant Eagle does not have a set date yet for when the product will be back on the shelves, but does offer a generic over-the-counter alternative that is currently in stock.
Excedrine Migraine was one of several products recalled by Novartis in January after an internal investigation and complaints of "broken gelcaps, chipped tablets and inconsistent bottle packaging line clearance practices."
Other recalled products included Bufferin, Gas-X, No-Doz and other Excedrin products.
The company announced in August that production had resumed on Excedrin products.
See what else is happening in San Rafael:
- Kellogg's Frosted and Unfrosted Mini-Wheats Recalled for Metal Fragments
- Woman Trapped for Four Hours After Car Accident on Lucas Valley Road
- How to Watch the Orionids Meteor Shower 2012
- Police Investigate 15 Burglaries in Peacock Gap and Glenwood Neighborhoods
- Pedestrian was Outside of Crosswalk During Fatal Car Accident