Around 630 Pacific Gas & Electric customers in San Rafael were without power Friday afternoon due to weather-related outages, according to PG&E spokesperson Brittany McKannay.
That number is down from 1,245 customers earlier this morning, McKannay said. The outages began occurring after midnight, and accumulated throughout the morning. They are primarily in residential areas, but some businesses are affected as well, according to McKannay.
Most of the outages are caused from branches coming in contact with power lines or poles, such as a tree branch near Linden Lane that tangled in a power line.
PG&E crews are working to restore power to all residents, and they are hoping to restore power by 6 p.m., according to McKannay.
"The weather is continuing, so it might be that we have additional outages," she said.
See what else is happening in San Rafael:
- New E-cigarette Store Faces Resistance from West End Business Owners
- UPDATED: 2 Injured in Shooting Outside Club 101
- Pier 1 Imports Celebrates Grand Opening Before Black Friday
- San Rafael’s Priciest Homes: 25 Harcourt Street
- Drivers Flee After Crash on 101