Greetings, and welcome to the latest edition of The SM AM Report.
Here's what's happening today:
- partly cloudy
- high temperature: 63 degrees
- low temperature: 54 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 0 percent
- humidity: 60 percent
- sunrise: 5:57 a.m.
- sunset: 7:44 p.m.
The Main Event
- There's an increasing amount of chatter about as it comes closer to completion. If you have questions or concerns about Phase 2, which is due to start servicing Santa Monica in 2015, don't miss tonight's related community meeting at the . It begins at 6:30 p.m. in the East Wing Meeting Room. Free parking will be available off Main St.
- If you've been tempted to join those who've been dancing in the streets of Santa Monica, today is your last chance, as the Santa Monica International Tango Holiday comes to an end. Go here for more info.
- The will offer tastings of Prosecco, Cremants and Cava for an event titled "Where do the Bubbles Come From? (All About Fizz)." Bottles will be uncorked starting at 7:30 p.m.; the cost is $45.
- True Food Kitchen opens its first L.A. location today at . The healthy-food restaurant's menu is based on the Anti-Inflammatory Diet & Food Pyramid created by Dr. Andrew Weil.
- An ongoing series of free films curated by Documental continues at from 6 to 10 p.m. On the bill tonight is Behind the Bellows, a documentary revolving around the accordion.
Last but Not Least
- The screening of E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial that had been scheduled for today at the has been postponed until July 25.
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On May 9, 1989, actor Timothy Farrell—who appeared in numerous Ed Wood films—died at . He was 66.
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.